Thursday, January 19, 2006

Free to Stitch, Free to Bitch

Go to this site immediately and do what they say:
http://www.cafepress.com/saynotosfse/

I'm so angry about this. Some
shit store (careful about that link; I'd hate to burn your retinas off) in New York is claiming the term "Stitch and Bitch" was invented by them and thus everyone is shitting on their intellectual property. My left foot! That term has been around probably as long as knitting needles and I know for SURE these losers didn't make it up. As it were, they've written cease and desist letters to CafePress and Yahoo! to stop people from selling/using that name. So, I've taken it upon myself to write my own cease and desist letter to these losers. Behold my righteous anger:

Dear Elissa K and the other fascists of Sew Fast Sew Easy,

Please consider this to be your cease and desist letter to stop being such idiot assholes. You are shaming the knitting/crafting community with your plot to horde the Stitch and Bitch title (or Stitch 'n Bitch, Stitch 'n' Bitch, etc.). Who do you think you are? You "invented" the term? Wow, what a coincidence, I invented knitting myself! Actually, I also invented the verb and noun "sew," so you should stop infringing on my intellectual property. I'll let you continue to use the term "sew" if you agree to license it from me for the low, low cost of GETTING OVER YOURSELF.

Seriously, knock it off. Drop your application, tell Yahoo! and CafePress that Stitch 'n Bitch is a term that belongs to the knitting community as a whole, and not to a select few asshats (that would be you, in case you're confused). You're embarrassing yourself.

Freely Stitch and Bitching,
Elizabeth


You can email them yourself at
info@sewfastseweasy.com and/or store@sewfastseweasy.com.

Feel free to call the store to give them a piece of your mind!! 212-268-4321
I sure as shit called them, and I'm going to call until I can speak with a manager. What a load of bull.

No comments: