Tuesday, November 15, 2005

ugh. tuesdays.

So many people hate on Mondays, but aren't Tuesdays the very worst? At least on Monday you can warmly recollect the weekend's happy memories (or hazy, depending). But on Tuesday, you're in the thick of the work week - trapped. Wednesdays are Hump Days, Thursdays are the early start to the weekend, Fridays are the weekend. But Tuesdays are Trap Days. Ugh. Tuesdays.

Thankfully, I have St. Knitterifierous on my side. I'm knee deep in the holiday knitting. I've made the back and front of a handbag I'm eventually going to felt. However, I have 1.4 million other projects and the LSAT to study for. The next 20 days or so are going to be interesting, to say the least.

And two big trips are on the horizon: Aberdeen SD and Cancun Mexico. I like to mix it up. Aberdeen is this coming weekend. It's Mr. Fabulous' hometown. I've never been to South Dakota before (well, I went once when I was inchoate, so that doesn't really count). I'm excited.

Cancun is a fabulous dream - a friend of a friend owns a house there and is renting it to us for dirt cheap. Dirty cheap, even. Apparently this lady went down there this weekend to see if it was still standing and whatnot but if it's all clear, I'll be knitting on the beach in April! Whee!

In other things, Mr. Fabulous and I joined Weight Watchers together. It feels good to have control over something that seems so simple, like it should always have been in control. I think it'll go well - Mr. Fabulous is an amazing cook and is competitive like me about things like this. Although I've heard this a million times before, it really does help to have someone being annoyingly on target to keep you on track (and someone to feel morally superior to when they're off track).

p.s. Today's ennui and general sense of saturninity obviously makes my sentence structure very short. Weird.

1 comment:

Jeri said...

Hi Elizabeth:
Thanks for posting a comment on my blog! What fun to run across that, even though I thought I'd enabled the automatic email feature. Oh, this techno stuff is harder than knitting! Anyway, thanks so much for the comments about my quilts and such!I swoon.
Thanks again!
Jeririggs.com